Looking to get your hands dirty?
With some changes in place, we will still be having Saturday WorkDays this school year! I would love to have you and your team join us again. This is a great way for volunteers to connect into the community and support the work God is doing in Wilmington.
A couple of changes due to COVID safety measures:
- All staff and volunteers must wear masks while with us.
- We will start the day off at different UrbanPromise locations. Tell me you’re coming so we can plan projects, let you know where you’ll be assigned and what staff member you’ll be working with!
- We will limit the number of people per site, so make sure you let us know you’re coming so we can plan accordingly.
Things that are the same:
- Projects will be similar and still based on the ministry needs (fall brings leaves to rake, there’s always cleaning to do, and we still have 2 buildings that we’d like to make progress on opening up)
- Staff will be working with you to share about the ministry, their role, and the impact your team will be making that day.
- UrbanPromise is still pressing into the vision, and our volunteers are a key part in that!
This year our Saturday Work Days will be…
** These are not on the first Saturday because of holidays
Each month we tackle different things to make the most and caring for the facilities which program happens each and every day, as well as the reconstruction of buildings for the ministry to grow.
WorkDays will run from 9-1:30. Starting off a the day, we’ll gather to learn more about UrbanPromise and hear what’s currently going on, and then we’ll jump into a variety of projects. After we invite you to bring a bagged lunch, and then stick around to hear from some of our teens who are shaping their city.
Click HERE for more information.
Contact Deborah Holcombe (WorkTeam Director) if you have any questions or would like to bring a group. We would like to make sure we have enough jobs for you and your team.