Providing pathways for people to serve and neighbors to meet is a passion for UrbanPromise. We connect your time and talent to Wilmington’s under-resourced communities. The result: mutual transformation, a sense of purpose, and children who are helped.
From construction to computers, for cooking to mentoring, UrbanPromise pathways are almost endless. UP will take a volunteer’s availability and their interests and talents and find a unique opportunity for each person.
One Time Opportunities – throughout the year there are many ways to come check out the UrbanPromise community by your willingness to serve.
- attend a service day – click for details
- share a special talent with a school class or after school program
- prepare a meal for interns or provide snacks for a camp night or after school program contest
- check out the complete list of options or contact our volunteer coordinator Samantha Melville – email [email protected]
- School or academy – examples include classroom aide, tutor a child, lunchroom aide and office tasks (time slots available Monday – Friday 8:00 – 3:00)
- After school program – help with homework, read or provide a class or game (options Monday – Thursday 3:30 – 6:00 pm)
- StreetLeaders – tutor teens on school work and college preparation (weekly commitment, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, 6:30 – 8:00 pm)
- Mentoring program – one child/teen, one hour, once per week, training provided – click for more informaiton (variety of day/time options)
- Administrative – whether you love complex computer software or stuffing envelopes your time is a valuable assest in the office (Mon.- Fri. 8:00 – 5:00 time options)
- Facilities – help make UrbanPromise a beautiful and functional place for our programs through regular upkeep by cleaning, painting, grounds maintenance and general repair. (Flexible time commitment)
- Vehicle maintenance – provide automotive repair and maintenance for our mini-vans and vans -change oil, check engine parts and tires, etc. Own tools are helpful. (Flexible time commitment)
- Contact our volunteer coordinator – Samantha Melville – email [email protected]