Providing pathways for people to serve and neighbors to meet is a passion for UrbanPromise. We connect your time and talent to Wilmington’s under-resourced communities. The result: mutual transformation, a sense of purpose, and children who are helped.
From construction to computers, for cooking to mentoring, UrbanPromise pathways are almost endless. UP will take a volunteer’s availability and their interests and talents and find a unique opportunity for each person.
One Time Opportunities – throughout the year there are many ways to come check out the UrbanPromise community by your willingness to serve.
- attend a service day – click for details
- share a special talent with a school class or after school program
- prepare a meal for interns or provide snacks for a camp night or after school program contest
- check out the complete list of options
Repeat Opportunities – there are numerous options to fit your schedule and interests:
- School or academy – examples include classroom aide, tutor a child, lunchroom aide and office tasks (time slots available Monday – Friday 8:00 – 3:00)
- After school program – help with homework, read or provide a class or game (options Tuesday – Thursday 3:30 – 6:00 pm)
- StreetLeaders – tutor teens on school work and college preparation (weekly commitment, Monday evenings, 6:30 – 8:00 pm)
- Administrative – whether you love complex computer software or stuffing envelopes your time is a valuable assest in the office (Mon.- Fri. 8:00 – 5:00 time options)
- Facilities – help make UrbanPromise a beautiful and functional place for our programs through regular upkeep by cleaning, painting, grounds maintenance and general repair. (Flexible time commitment)
- Vehicle maintenance – provide automotive repair and maintenance for our mini-vans and vans -change oil, check engine parts and tires, etc. Own tools are helpful. (Flexible time commitment)
If you have any questions, please reach out to Bethany Gregor, our Volunteer Director, by email at email@example.com.