Whether your group is made up of family, friends, youth group, families, men/women, or another combination, UrbanPromise is excited to invite you to participate in one of a variety of opportunities.
- Camp Sponsor: as a camp sponsor, you or your small group pledges to support one camper monthly by offsetting the cost of one camper.
- Camp Night: you and your small group are able to sponsor a camp night. Camp Nights are opportunities for staff to spend more relational time with a few students outside of normal program. These take place in both the school year and the summer.
- Reading Night: for some of our students, reading one-on-one with someone is a treat. For one night, your group can come to a camp, and do just that. This night is as easy as gathering some of your favorite books, maybe some snacks, and your group coming to a camp one night.
- Reward Night: nothing pushes a kid to work hard like knowing they will have a reward waiting for them. Help us by providing and maybe hosting a pizza night, ice cream party, movie night, or talk with us about other ideas.
- AfterSchool Program Competition: Quarterly our programs have academic competitions to push the kids to learning specific subject areas (Spelling Bee, Math Dare, Bible Drill, Science Fair, African American, Latin American Speech Contest). As we gather together and break into grade-level rooms, your group can help out in the rooms with the activities, and provide the snack for celebration after.
- Summer Meals: Every Sunday, interns and staff share a meal and worship together, sharing about their weeks and have an encouraging word to help them through the next week. Your group can provide that meal, worship, encouraging word, and rejuvenation for the next week.
- Adopt an Intern: Over the last several years, our intern list has included people from 30 different states and 8 different countries. Your group may want to support one of these interns by building a relationship with them, and connecting with them in a way that allows them to feel a little closer to home.
- Attend a Service Day – Service days are the first Saturday of every month. Join our group with others to accomplish vital tasks to keep our programs running. Check out the PowerUP Work Day page for more information.